Glennon Insurance have a bespoke Professional Liability Insurance policy with AIG Insurance that has a number of important cover and protection extensions now available to members of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapist. The annual premiums are listed below.
|Private Practice Member||€146.75|
|Public Sector Member||€78.00|
The legal and regulatory environment that physiotherapists have to work under has changed and the introduction of CORU has altered the landscape. Our bespoke package offers the following benefits:
- We have included provision for legal costs in respect of representation at enquiries etc. that might arise under CORU provisions. This will include fitness to practice.
- The policy is written on a bespoke AIG Professional Liability wording on a claims made basis.
- Policy Renewal date – 1st July annually ( new ISCP members can be included at any time)
- Policy is written on a full Civil Liability basis, the widest available, and has been extended to include public and products liability risks.
- The range of services and activities covered will be defined as ISCP scope of practice. This ensures that all activities current and future are automatically covered once this scope of practice is provided to insurers annually at renewal date.
- Limit of Indemnity €6,500,000 each and every claim for the Professional Liability and Public Liability and €6,500,000 in the aggregate for Products Liability.
- Full cover will apply in respect of members working abroad on a temporary basis.
- Full worldwide cover including ISCP members undertaking activities in North America. Any claims will be subject to EU jurisdiction.
- Inclusion for cover in respect of Disciplinary Hearing Defence Costs in an amount of €500,000. This will deal with actions that may arise from CORU enquiries etc. and is of considerable benefit to ISCP members.
- Loss of documents – limit €250,000
- Wrongful act within the policy includes infringement of intellectual property rights, defamation and data protection breach.
- Sub limit of €25,000 in respect of reputational crisis management communication costs.
- Sexual harassment costs with a sub limit of €500,000
To find out more and join the scheme please click here to download the ISCP Members Insurance Pack.
Interested? Just Contact Us!