As a member of IIRRT you have access to an exclusive Professional Liability Insurance arranged by Frank Glennon Ltd and underwritten by AIG Europe Ltd.
This insurance can only be accessed through the IIRRT and a brief outline of the cover available is as follows:-
- The policy is written on a bespoke Professional Liability wording on a claims made basis.
- Policy is written on a full Civil Liability basis, the widest available.
- The range of services and activities covered are as outlined by the Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy including the Code of Professional Conduct for Diagnostic Radiographers and Radiation Therapists and the Scope of Practice of a Radiation Therapist, and Ultrasound Scanning Guidelines on Best Practice as published by the Institute.
- This ensures that all activities current and future are automatically covered once this scope of practice is provided to insurers annually at renewal date.
- Limit of Indemnity €4,000,000 each and every claim for Professional Liability
- Loss of documents – limit €250,000
- Definition of wrongful act within the policy, includes infringement of intellectual property rights, defamation and data protection breach.
- Sub limit of €25,000 in respect of reputational crisis management communication costs.
- Sexual harassment costs with a sub limit of €500,000
AIG Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority of the United Kingdom and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of rules.
To find out more on how to join the scheme please contact IIRRTmembership@gmail.com