The following Tips will hopefully enable you to obtain reductions on your Motor Insurance Premium and provide some guidance on the quotation best suitable for you.
- Buy your policy through an Insurance Broker like ourselves. We will search the market with all the major Insurers in Ireland for the most competitive premiums available, some of which are exclusive to us.
- Be careful when comparing Motor Insurance Quotations as the cover offered will differ from Insurer to Insurer. To view more information on the cover that your Glennon quote offers simply click the “Details & Options” link on your quote page or you can also view the policy document for the Insurer chosen here.
- If you are the only driver on your current policy try including your spouse or co-habiting partner as a named driver as this may reduce your premium.
- If your spouse or co-habiting partner also has Car Insurance or full time use of a Company Car make sure that this is declared as you may qualify for a Second Car Discount.
- The cheapest quote may not necessarily be the best for you. Some Insurers provide quotations with a very basic level of cover (i.e. loss of all no claims bonus following a small claim or without breakdown cover) and when these are included the premium may rise dramatically.
- If you do not yet have a maximum no claims bonus in your own name some Insurers will allow large discounts for your previous claims free experience as a named driver on someone else’s policy or experience as a full time driver of a Company Car.
- Some insurers offer a discount off your Motor Insurance if the Home Insurance is also with them.
- If you require your employer indemnified on your policy some Insurers will charge as much as 25% extra for this cover. Glennon have negotiated this extra cover “Free of Charge” with a number of providers.
- If you are currently Insured for Third Party Fire & Theft Cover you should obtain a quote for Comprehensive Cover as you may be surprised at the small premium difference and in addition automatic benefits for example Breakdown Assistance and Windscreen Cover will be included under Comprehensive Cover. At Glennon it is easy to compare prices and see what additional cover you would get if you upgrade.